TIP National - Partner Roadmap
This webpage contains the high level process steps needed to take a prospect from sales lead to bound customer. This is high level, and we have provided additional resources for the steps that need a little more detail. Links and documents are included, so be sure to click the content in the call out boxes. These links are imperative to a successful workflow.
Agency Resources & Underwriting Guidelines
As a very first step, we recommend every agency partner review our resource folder, and specifically our underwriting guidelines. We have assembled many of the resources you need to successfully implement the ClearCoverage program. Click on the Agency resources button to the right to see what we have. From there you should see our underwriting guidelines.
Phase 1: Initial Contact
- CCS or Ageny: Contact with potential insured to discuss insurance needs and program qualifications. This can be completed by CCS or Agency depending on who generates the lead.
- Agency: Obtain and verify needed details for quoting and underwriting (Drivers, Vehicles, Business, etc…), ensure population into ClearTrac. See needed information below.
- CCS: Will package leads and deliver to Agency as refferals.
Key Note: The most effective fulfillment model is “Self Service”. Encourage the customer (drivers and business owners) to interact with the system as much as possible. Customers with familiarity of the system tend to be more self sufficient over the life of the relationship.
ClearConnect has developed an entire library of training materials to support our ClearTrac system. These documents are "general", in that all customers share the same repository.
To access the documents, you can click the link below:
Owner & Driver Information
- First & Last Name
- Address, City, State, Zip Code
- Home and/or Unique Cell Phone
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Unique & Accessible Email Address
- Valid Drivers License - Document
- Safety Training Certificate - Document
- Screenings (Background Check, Drug and MVR Report) - Document
- Business Name
- Business Address, City, State, Zip Code (If Different)
- Business Phone (If Different)
- Proof of Formation - Document
- Employer Identification Number, IRS SS4 Form - Document
- DOT & MC Forms (If Applicable) - Document
- Safer Report (If Applicable) - Document
- CAB Report (If Applicable) - Document
- Vehicle Registration - Document
- Lien Holder Information – (If Applicable)
- 3 Years of Loss Runs - Document
- <OR> Signed Loss Declaration - Document
*Proof of personal insurance coverage may be required to obtain certain ClearCoverage products.
Phase 2: Estimate and Underwriting
- Agency: Assigned to the opportunity.
- Agency: Populates quote tool with information from ClearTrac and prepares estimate.
- Agency: Verifies the need for FMCSA and/or State Filings
- If an FMCSA and/or State Filing is needed populate the bottom of the Data Page of the Quote Tool appropriately
- Complete the Filing Work Order and submit to TIP National along with the Bind File. Filing Work Order can be found HERE.
- Agency: Walks customer through the estimate verifying elections and assumptions.
- Agency: Presents estimate to the potential insured.
- Customer: Verbally agrees to the estimate.
- Customer: Completes the screening process, via ClearTrac (if not already completed during the compliance process)
- Need satisfactory result (Review Do I qualify Document)
- Screening is paid in the system
- Customer meets all compliance requirement
Phase 3: Proposal Package
- Agency: Finalizes Quote Tool
- Verifies effective date for proper pro-ration calculations
- Amends documents based on any changes from the estiamte
- Agency: Submits ‘Quote Package’ to CCS for compliance approval consisting of
- Agency: Provides compliance result to Agent
- Feedback will be provided
- Remediation may be necessary
- Agency: Sends package to insured for signature, consisting of
- Included in Every Package
- Proposal (PDF from Quote Tool)
- Fraud Warning Form
- TRIA Form
- Included as Applicable
- UM-UIM Sel-Rej Form
- PIP Sel-Rej Form
- INSEL Form (Check For Physical Damage Election)
- Surplus Lines Form
- One Beacon Enrollment Form
- AUSPD Enrollment Form
- Included in Every Package
- Customer: Signs proposal package and returns to Agent.
- Agency: Distributes package.
- Creates electronic copy if e-signature was not used
- TIP National
- Agency Platform
Phase 4: Invoicing & Binding
- Customer: pays invoice via online platform
- Agency: Certificates and ID Cards Sent to Insured & Uploaded in ClearTrac
- Agency: Bind File Sent to TIP National
- Signed Proposal
- Signed Fraud Warning Form
- Signed UM-UIM Sel-Rej Form (If Applicable)
- Signed PIP Sel-Rj Form (If Applicable)
- Signed TRIA Form
- Signed INSEL Form (If Applicable)
- Signed Surplus Lines Form (Signed by Insured If Applicable)
- TIP: AUSPD Form Filing with the Association
- Signed AUSPD Enrollment Form
- TIP: One Beacon Welcome Packet Uploaded in ClearTrac
- TIP: Returns bind file to Agent with the following:
- Policy Information
- TIP: Issues policy to Agent
How To Submit and Communicate with CCS
Submit "Compliance Packages" to Chris Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit "Executed Packages" for binding to Becky Goodnight at Becky.Goodnight@tipnational.com
Phase 5: Claims Management
- Customer: All claims should be submitted directly to Triton Claims Management, LLC. Each driver should receive a welcome packet with information on who and how to contact Triton.
- Agency: If a customer / insured contacts the agency directly, refer them to Triton. Contact info and procedures can be found HERE.
Want to print these instructions?
The embedded PDF to the right (or below on mobile) is the solution for your desktop cheat sheet.
It doesn't have all of the links or fancy files, but it will give you the steps!