Since 2014, losses from commercial trucking insurance claims have been on the rise. The severity of loss has accelerated and rates have nearly doubled, creating a real problem for the future of the industry.
With a loss ratio over 100 for over 7 years, how will the industry be able to sustain itself?
In response to this very real threat to motor carriers, drivers, insurers, agents, and retailers, ClearConnect invites you to join us in a Town Hall Series to transparently discuss why this is happening, the potential risk to the industry, and potential solutions with subject matter experts who are advocating change.
From solutioning ideas to help carriers become more selective in the drivers they employ to developing education for insurers to become more aware of the risks to creating an overall standard of excellence for the industry, nothing will be left on the table.
Panelists will drill down into key issues to help the industry avoid negligence and propose a foundation to create a safer, more efficient commercial trucking industry together.
TOWN HALL SESSION #1
Managing Driver Risk and Insurance
Our first town hall session on January 20th covered the following:
- Common “hurdles to change” in commercial trucking.
- Insight on current loss rates statistics and what they mean for the industry.
- How technology can help get the right driver behind the wheel.
- New strategies to manage driver behavior and driver operation.
- New ways to incentivize good decision making.
TOWN HALL SESSION #2
Driver Screening, Risk Mitigation and Insurance Claims
Our second town hall on February 25th featured industry experts sharing:
- Stories and advice around driver screening and risk mitigation
- Best practices to help the industry avoid negligence
- The benefits of compliance focused insurance programs.
- The role of motor vehicle reports (MVRs) in managing driver risks.
- What to look out for in MVRs, background checks, and drug screening.
- What happens when drivers fail to meet underwriting criteria?